· The designing of molds according to customer requirements, specifications, and industry-accepted guidelines.
· The accurate recording of design information relative to design and build activity of molds.
· The maintaining of up-to-date job history files.
· In depth knowledge of Design for Injection Molded Plastics Technology.
· Designing of Plastic Injection Molds.
· Efficient capabilities in surface creation and part development.
· Ability to create feasibilities to present solutions.
· Paying attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
· Conduct Engineering Work Order Design Changes.
· Design highly complex components, resolving technical design conflicts.
· Mentor and coach other designers.
· Verify quality to design team output.
· Lead design reviews.
· Follow OEM corporate standards and policies.
· Advise supervisors of project status, timing, resource availability and capability.
· Assist in establishing design completion dates and timelines.
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work well with others and independently, exhibiting teamwork skills with other engineers and designers
· Strong organization, planning and data management skills
· Advanced ability to identify issues, problems and generate solutions
· Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative design skills
· Experience as a Plastic Injection Mold Designer
· Diploma in CAD/CAM, Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Design is an asset
· Willingness to develop and advance knowledge as industry and technology changes